Sunday, January 29, 2006

T T T


T T T…. Wondering what this could be … ? Its just my own stupid acronym for The Train Travel…. Now don’t ask me where I was going out on a train… That’s one thing that is CLASSIFIED… Now that I have established my traveling by train, the camera now directly moves into the scene where we (the plural refers to me and my friends) are sitting in the allotted seats… Guys the seating arrangement was the worst u can ever imagine… we were allotted exactly the way we wouldn’t want to… We were seven and we were all allotted side births, ALL side births… So while we were discussing a strategy to counter this act of fate, a big burly man showed up from no where and shoved his bag (I am still able to decide who was bigger he or his bag) right into my back… wow I felt an earthquake in my body when my bones shook up and re-arranged themselves (or it could have been the train effect too…).But when I felt the tremors subsiding I realized it could have been worse, since a group of people with similar attributes treaded the small path. Guys it was like the scene from Jumanji !!!!


Now with that stampede subsiding, the train shook and started at snails pace and I tell u , it managed the same pace till the destination !!! Well no issues about that since things were just getting heated up inside… At last, the most brilliant amongst us said aloud “Alright, we’ll have to adjust and sit together“… Well I was marveling at the brilliance of the solution at our levels of intelligence. But in the end that was what we did, we managed to squeeze ourselves within one pair of side berths, with two having to sit on the handle of the berths on the sides. But yeah, we were looking ahead for a long travel and the only way for time pass was chit chat …

We took turns to keep pullin’ each others legs, and of course one was the main target, the ONE who provided most entertaining stuff…As this was going on, the attendant came up with a small note book, the size of a bus ticket and asked us what we would have for dinner. Well we were unanimous about dinner.. So we were to have chappatis (so it was called) that nite…. When it came we regretted it,They were like synthetic rubbers, the ones which appear soft but u have to struggle to tear them off. Some of us succeeded in ripping them off, but faced another challenge in swallowing them. A few of us succeeded even in that but had to face the music the next day…. hefty stomach ache !!!


As we say in tamil , “Good cow, One heat” we learnt from mistakes.. Due to exertions that we took in our chappati episode, we could manage to get some good sleep at night.. Oh yes, a couple of us couldn’t gather sleep, but I managed to sleep soundly that night….. Hey I forgot to tell some important events that happened !!! We were all christened during that session of chit chat … but the names I will not divulge… One among us was “silently” busy with sms and the result …. 400 + bucks blown off in roaming charges!!!  Now that I ve mentioned the punch lines, I ll get back to main stream….

The next day playing cards was on the cards and we indulged in that so called bad sport(elders say so !!!)…. But we were playing an abridged version of bridge which is highly intellectual… And guess what we skipped break fast!!! We managed to munch certain biscuits and hoped to ward off hunger as we were scheduled to reach by noon. But then we realized that the snails pace had not been broken and that we were gonna be extremely late.. So the attendant gleefully came up and asked us to order lunch.. we politely declined, and guess what ??? the attended told us with a smirk , “it ll be 4 by the time u reach" and pointed four of his bent fingers menacingly at us :( …. "Are u sure u don’t want lunch ??” .. what the hell I thought ??????…. We were being blackmailed into eating lunch !!! Man, the attendant would have sure made a smart marketing executive… But yes we weren’t the ones to succumb so soon to pressure, we did fight out for our rights to abstain from lunch…. more due to fear of rotis of course… But yes we did make it without lunch … Finally we reached out to the destination as a bunch of hungry nomads !!!! thus ended TTT…………………….

6 comments:

Vivek said...

TTT s good but do let me know the name u were christined....

Teal™ said...

hey,
when u r wit frds .. arattai laye we tend to overlook the hardships of the journey rite? besides andha chapati episode-kku anniyan style "TTR!!!" rebuttal kuduthirkalaam ??
btw thx a ton for blogrolling me, shall do the same soon :)

Mighty Titan said...

@ vivek

machi.. that i ll im u da. its kinda damage if i say it in public.. i wont poke my eyes by myself :)

Mighty Titan said...

@ teal

Thanks for tat comment.. but that anniyan style wont come good wen u r in the actual scene .. a mind cant work on a hungry (angry ) stomach !!!

Anonymous said...

damn you dude. i know where u went !!! And that chppati episode was too good da. keep up the great work. dei. try out writing a novel or something da.

Mighty Titan said...

yah.. hostel rotis were my inspiration :) but railways are soon gonna chase hostel outta competition !!!